Friday, July 12, 2013

A Few Things...

So, just wanted to share some of the amazing things I've been cooking lately! I'm not one of those that can eat the same thing every night.  Eating clean doesn't have to be boring nor tasteless.  I will say, "taking a week off from diet and training really kicked my butt!" My body has been fighting against me all week.  I'm hoping next week after the soreness and cravings are gone i'll be better.

I do want to say, don't let your excuses get in the way of your goals!! I hear it all the time that people want to reach their goals but they are too busy, don't want to eat healthy, cant make it to the gym, ect... It's a mindset guys!! If you think positive and push hard anything is possible.  Do you think everyone that has been successful at reaching their goals did it the easy way? No! So stay on track and keep it interesting for yourself.  You've got to obsess over your goals.


Quinoa Bake:
Ingredients:
-2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
(Note: 1 cup dry quinoa makes 3 cups cooked;))
-4 egg whites
-cinnamon(to your taste) I put a lot
If you want sweet**1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
Directions:
1. set oven to 375
2. put parchment paper in pan, depending if you want thick or thin: choose your pan
3. mix eggs, cinnamon, and syrup(if included) stir
4. take cooked quinoa and mix well with wet mixture
5. top with cinnamon
6. place in pan and bake 20-30 min



Turkey Burgers
Ingredients:
-2 lbs turkey
-garlic
-salt
-pepper
-cumin
-light sodium worcestershire sauce
-tomato
-onion
-lemonaise(healthier mayonaise)
-Romaine lettuce(cleaned and dried)
Directions:
1. mix turkey and seasonings in a bowl
2. in a saute pan, cook on both sides until well done in middle.
3. arrange burger as usual, using lettuce as bun!

Turkey Patty Topped with Fried Egg, Tomato, Goat Cheese, Red Onion, and Mustard. 
(0h the convenience of having pre cooked food)

No comments:

Post a Comment