Made these amazing chewy oat bars last night!! Super easy and a great way to get in a sweet snack without any extra additives. Warning they are amazing and it was so hard not to eat them last night when they were done, but I waited patiently for breakfast.
-1 cup oat bran
-2 cups oats
-1 cup raisins
-1 cup water
-1 diced apple, I used honey crsip, my favorite
-1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. cook raisins in water for about 2-3 minutes
2. add apple, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes
3. add chopped almonds
3. throw in oats and oat bran
4. pour in coconut oil and stir
4. on a greased cookie sheet spread mixture best as you can. It will be thick, I used bread loaf pans, but would be much better with a thin cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.