It's been a while since I've updated the good ol' blog but I'm back. I really need to start documenting what I'm doing everyday meal/workout wise. I'm 4 weeks out from the Phil Heath show so things are getting pretty serious. Of course, I enjoyed myself on a few special occasions;) I wanted to share one of my favorite no pain indulgences. PROTEIN PANCAKES, I have posted about them before, but I'm just now getting them just right!
Double up ingredients if you're making for 2
-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1 cup egg whites
-1 scoop vanilla protein(Herbalife Protein Drink Mix)
-1/4 cup blueberries(frozen) I added this to the blueberry banana pancakes
-PB2(powdered peanut butter), to your taste
-1 tsp baking powder
-3/4 cups oat flour(blended oatmeal)
-1 tsp coconut oil
1. blend in blender( when adding frozen blueberries do not mix, just mix)
2. make sure pan is in high heat before cooking, add coconut oil
3. cook until bubbles show and flip!
4. covered with PB2, sugar free syrup, and pieces of fruit
One of my favorite exercises is Dead lifts:
Deadlifts will allow you to build muscle in your upper and lower back, glutes, and hamstrings.
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/dumbbell-straight-leg-deadlift<------- Check out for a how to explanation:)
So, in the past few weeks, I have also attempted to make the infamous Spaghetti Squash, surprisingly, I'm in LOVE with it! I could probably eat it every night. The squash has a very mild taste but it keeps it's crunch, so I honestly felt like I was eating actual spaghetti. Below I just threw on some low sugar pasta sauce mixed with lean ground turkey and it was amazing!!!
-1 large spaghetti squash
-1 pound lean ground turkey
-low sugar pasta sauce(always read the label, you would be surprised at how much sugar they add to these, the one I found was only 3 grams)
1. cut spaghetti squash in half, place facing down on pan and cook at 350 for 40 minutes, or until it easily shreds.
2. once done, take out and let cool. Take a fork and shred long ways until you extract all squash.
3. cook lean ground beef,I seasoned mine with oregano, garlic. salt, pepper.
4. add pasta sauce and cook.
5. only add sauce right before serving(I have read that it will cause squash to become soggy)
***This made a huge portion, even after Justin and I ate, we had leftovers. They were just as good the next day:)
Here it is!!!! My suit for the Phil Health show in Houston. Thank to the Amazing Ravish Sands, for this handcrafted beautiful suit:) I'm 4 weeks out eeeeekkkk super excited to get back on the stage though. I have taken some progress pics and i'm way ahead of the game, well way better than I was last year at this point. Stay tuned!!!
One last thing! Owning a business is very time consuming, and typically I like to grocery shop on Sundays so we have food for the week but, there was one Monday that we didn't have time to cook, nor did we have food, but you can still grab food and eat healthy. One of our favorite places is Pei Wei. Ask for Stock Velveted(Boiled instead of fried) and sauce on the side, brown rice, and we always ask for extra veggies too!