Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Food is Fuel

I'll be out working all day so, I woke up early to have my favorite meal of the day, breakfast!  You want to eat in an hour time span from the time you wake up, to get your metabolism going.  Make sure you have something that is protein packed with a complex carb.  This will keep you full for hours!!!!  This morning I'm having my amazing protein blueberry muffins that I made last night with Steal Cut Oats topped with Almond milk,  Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Dried cherries, 1 packet of Truvia, and Cinnamon.

Steal Cut Oats:
(make in bulk so that all you have to do is heat and go in the mornings)
The serving I usually make is
-6 cups H2o
-2 cups steal cut oats
boil H20 and add oats, stir, lower heat, and cover.
Let cook for about 20 minutes covered, then take lid off to absorb moisture.
Depending on how creamy you want your oats cook about 15-30 minutes.

Blueberry Protein Muffins:
Ingredients:
-1 cup egg whites
-1/4 almond milk
-2 scoops vanilla protein(I used Herbalife Vanilla)
-pinch of Chia seeds
-pinch of Flax seeds
-dash of baking powder
-pinch of cinnamon
-handful of frozen blueberries(wait until mixture is blended before adding)**
put all ingredients in blender and blend until mixed.
-throw in a handful of frozen blueberries stir (don't blend)
-Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on 400.




No comments:

Post a Comment