Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Safe Snacking


Happy Wednesday, Today I'm going grocery shopping to stock up on all the goodies I'll need for the next two weeks.  My top three choices are Costco (buying in bulk is a must), Whole Foods, and Central Market.  I really love fresh produce and have found that they last longer from these places.    I usually go through the cabinet and fridge to clean out and rearrange before I go and I ran across some of my favorite snacking items that I wanted to share with you guys. Snacking can be done the right way and I feel that it's important because it's a great way to satisfy your cravings without indulging in a huge meal.  Here are some of my top choices.



Something Crunchy: Lundberg Brown Rice, Rice Cakes and Almond Butter
  • Satisfies that crunch factor, no potato chips needed.
  • I typically top with almond butter (By eating almonds or almond butter, you get vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and phosphorus. Almonds are a good fiber source and also contain protein.)
  • Can also top with peanut butter, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, or cottage cheese.
  • *** Will be posting some great recipes with Rice cakes soon, so be on the lookout:)


Something Sweet: Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin Bread
  • Sweet, delicious, and who doesn't love the satisfaction of eating bread;)
  • They are 100% flourless and have a low Glycemic Index (food with a high glycemic index may give a boost of energy as your blood sugar rises, but it then causes an increase in fat storage, tiredness, and hunger.) 
  • INGREDIENTS Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Raisins, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt, Organic Cinnamon. http://www.foodforlife.com/


Something Creamy: Herbalife Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
  • Taste great and quick to make.
  • Packed with 16 grams of Protein to keep you full and satisfied


Something Quick: Nuts!!
  • Delicious, nutritious, and filling
  • I love everything from almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, and sunflower seeds.  
  • Even though they are good for you, eat them in moderation because some nuts are high in fat content. A handful is plenty for a snack.  



No comments:

Post a Comment