Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hello Lunch Time

Today is leg day and i'm fueling up for an intense workout!  I can't tell you how great it is to cook in bulk, this way you have everything pretty much prepared and you can whip up a meal in seconds.  Today I made HEALTHY chicken fried brown rice. (Something I always stress is a meal with high protein, low sodium, and complex carbs.)   I started by looking looking in the fridge and I realized I needed to eat one last chicken breast before it went bad as well as a red bell pepper.  Luckily, I had a tupperware full of already cooked brown rice, so I grabbed a few other ingredients and BAM had an amazing, healthy, fulfilling lunch!!  

Ingredients:
-1 cooked chicken breast
-1 1/2 cooked brown rice
-1 tablespoon of coconut oil
-1/2 yellow/white onion
-1 red bell pepper
-1/2 cup egg whites
-spoonful of chopped garlic
-dash paprika
-dash red pepper plakes
-dash lower sodium soy sauce
-dash of pepper

Cook veggies on high heat in coconut oil, add rice, egg, and chicken.  Cook to your liking and DONE!!













No comments:

Post a Comment