Saturday, November 24, 2012

Time To Get Serious

Okay, time to get serious! I went a little over board on Thanksgiving and it just proves to me that I don't enjoy over eating! Tons of yummy unhealthy food: dressing and gravy, candied yams(literally tasted like candy), Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, bread!! All carbs barely any healthy greens. I'm not even going to discuss dessert:/  This is okay because it's the typical Thanksgiving meal!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself surrounded by family and the food was great, BUT I could barely keep my eyes open during the Cowboy game and my stomach was bloated and irritated! After all of this I still kept craving sugar! 3 rounds of dessert, WHAT??? and I never do this!  On Friday I had no energy because we ate left overs, and I barely got a workout in! When Justin and I left the gym, we went straight to Whole Foods and packed the cart with mostly veggies and very little meat.  BTW, best time to go grocery shopping is after Thanksgiving, no one was there, so we got in and out.  Good news I'm going to start cooking again, almost every night!!! So, you guys can check out my blog for some good "HEALTHY" recipes!!! If i'm going to try to help people get to their 100% i need to make sure i'm trying to reach that goal myself.  Also, Before abs picture coming soon! Abs are made in the kitchen and like I said before, I'm about to get REALLY serious.

I did contribute to the carb over-load

Skinny Broccoli Mac and Cheese:
Ingredients:
-1 bag macaroni noodles(I used gluten free)
-1 bag chopped broccoli
-1/2 chopped white onion
-1 tsp coconut oil
-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
-1 cup skim milk
-1 cup low sodium chicken broth
-salt, peppar, garlic powder
-1/4 cup bread crumbs
-1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1. Boil noodles and broccoli together, set aside.
2. In a saute pan add onions and coconut oil, cook until browned.
3. Mix in milk and chicken broth, cook until thickened.
4. Mix in cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
5. Mix Cheese mixture into noodle and place in a deep dish pan, top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
6. Bake on 350, for 15-20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment