Monday, November 26, 2012

Something warm, for this chilly night

My nutrition club is up and running and man let me tell you, I haven't had to experience what a full time job feels like in a long time! Up at 6:00am, work until 2:00pm, workout, train, back at the club from 4-7, fitness classes, and then I have to cook dinner and get ready for the next day! WHEW!!!!! Only 7 days in, but I will say, I'm am extremely grateful for this opportunity and we have gotten a lot of great feedback and I'm so excited for whats to come!  If you are ever in Addison, TX come see me at Top Shelf Nutrition.  I made a commitment to cook dinner 5-7 days a week, so no more eating out! I recently made this amazing Turkey Chili, and it's perfect for what the weather is bringing to Dallas, TX! Check out the recipe below!

Turkey Tri Bean Chili

Ingredients:
-1 pound turkey meat
-1 can black beans not drained
-1 can red kidney beans not drained
-1 can chickpeas not drained
-1 can green chopped chilies drained
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 can tomato sauce
-1 tsp of chili powder
-salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika<---use all, season to taste.

Toppings:
-red onion
-cheddar cheese
-cilantro

1. cook turkey and well season, drain and add to separate pot
2. in separate pot throw in all ingredients.
3. cover and simmer 20-30 minutes
4. serve topped with red onion, cilantro, and cheddar cheese












No comments:

Post a Comment