Sunday, November 4, 2012

weights weights weights

Weights, Weights, Weights!!!
     Most girls are scared of them because they think they will become bulky and too muscular; not the case!  Two years ago my routine was always the same in the gym: 30 minutes cardio and abs.  My body never changed and I never saw the results I wanted.   It's not until I started lifting did my body transition into what it is now.  I would get most compliments on my legs but now I even get them about my arms! Light weight high rep, I incorporate this everyday into my workouts!! Do yourself a favor and purchase a pair of 5 lb. weights, it can make a huge difference in your workouts!!
     I love starting Mondays off with a full body circuit.  Here is a 2 set circuit that can be done at home or in the gym.  I posted videos so that you can get a better idea. SEE HERE. and HERE

Round 1:


Push-up 10 reps
Mountain climbers 30 sec
Twist 15 reps

Jump rope 100 jumps

Butt up knees in 15 reps
Weight to knee 10 reps on each leg

Round 2:


Curls 20 reps
Lateral raises 20 reps

Step up and lunge 10 reps on each leg

High knees 30 sec
Butt kicks 30 sec
Squat jumping jack 30 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment