Friday, January 4, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I could honestly eat chicken tortilla soup everyday!! Last night I made my own healthy version! Very simple! I think it would be something to get all prepared the night before and throw in in a crock pot to cook while you're at work, so that all the flavors can be absorbed!! I made a huge pot so that I can have a quick lunch and dinner when I need it.  I hope you all have set some amazing goals for this new year! I know I have, don't limit yourself, know that you are capable of achieving anything, just has to be something that you want.

Some of my goals:
1. Get my pro card in the bikini division
2. Be in a fitness magazine (or more than one)
3. Expand my business to where I'm making over 10,000 a month.
4. Personally grow through my weaknesses.
5. Make sure I'm drastically changing someones life in a positive way, everyday!
6. Start doing public speeches about health and fitness.
7. Get the ones I love on track financially and health wise.

Ingrdients:
-4 chicken breast
-1 cup long grain brown rice
-can of un salted diced tomatoes
-1 diced deseeded jalapeno
-1 box low sodium chicken broth
-1 tsp cumin
-1tsp chili powder
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp sirracha
-salt to taste
-pepper
-1 cup corn
-1 cup black beans(be sure to drain first if using can)
-1 cup sautéed white onion

Toppings
-avocado
-jack cheese
-cilantro
-red onion
-cooked corn tortilla strips

1. season chicken breast and back on 350 for about 30 minutes, pull apart with a fork.
2. cook brown rice.
3. add all ingredients except topping to crock pot and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
4. You can also do this all at once in a large pot on the stove, if you want to cook faster.
5. add toppings and eat it up!!




No comments:

Post a Comment