Monday, January 28, 2013

Healthy Chicken Fried Rice

 This weekend was great.  Friday night I was contemplating on what to eat, so I started looking around my fridge and cabinets and decided to make this healthy version of a fried rice.  It very fast and simple. Like i've said before, we always have food cooked in bulk so we have NO excuses.   I had 2 pre cooked chicken breast and a bowl full of cooked brown rice. I could have easily just eaten the two together like I normally do but when you start eating the same thing over and over you get creative. 

Ingredients:
-1 large chicken breast, seasoned, cooked, and diced.
-2 cups of cooked brown rice
-1-2 bags of frozen mixed veggies(**I buy frozen veggies because they last longer and are easy to cook, I would love to use more fresh veggies, it's just not realistic for me and time schedule, I stray from canned anything;) I bought the one with carrots, peas, and green beans
-1 tsp of crushed garlic
-2 tsp of sesame oil
-3 egg whites
-3 tsp of Bragg's Liquid Aminos ( I put this on everything:), can be found at any Health food store, Whole foods, Central Market, or online at http://www.thenaturalonline.com/bragg-liquid-aminos-32-oz-liquid.html?gclid=CNPEs7_Ai7UCFbSLPAodjzQAxg
 
1. Place pan on high heat and add oil and garlic.
2. Throw in cooked rice and eggs, saute until eggs are cooked
3. The bags of veggies I bought just steam in the microwave, throw those in the pan after steamed.
4. Add chicken last, saute and add Liquid Aminos
5. Saute for a good 5-10 minutes until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment